In this episode, we spend a significant amount of time discussing the depravity of humanity and how together, if we have the guts, we can stand up, stand out, and make a difference. But, dealing with corporations is another story altogether.
You remember Bella from the previous episode.
I met Bella through my friend Eddie. Eddie was hanging out in the CounterCulture Society Mad Lab one day and mentioned, "You know who you need to have on the podcast? BELLA BIAGIO!"
I immediately acted like I knew who she was because clearly, she was famous and I was just out of the loop. I gave Eddie some LOR stickers and asked him to give them to her, then immediately Facebook messaged her and introduced myself. Name dropping Eddie of course. Months later we finally got together to have drinks in the Lab, and now I'm in love with my new friend.
Bella is Italian, like MOB Italian. Don't fuck with her! She is a petite, but strong, woman, who came out at the age of 18, which was very early back then! She has amazing life stories. Little did I know when Eddie suggested I have her on the show, that she had worked at one of my favorite Seattle Restaurants for over a decade, (Mama's Mexican Kitchen). Which means, I am almost sure we met, but years ago, in my holy asshole days. I would not have left a lasting impression. In other words, assholes are easy to forget.
Bella is a performer, with characters such as Coach, Joey, Electra Snow, and Buck Reynolds. (Pictured Below)
I get the feeling that everyone loves her because she cares for and takes care of everyone around her. Even the fuck heads she encounters that she doesn't even know.
When I asked Bella for a BIO, here's what she gave me...
"Bio like I'm a human trying to be human with other humans, and hopefully, we see that this is just spiritual boot camp, and we all just need to pull our heads out of our asses, get our heads out of our phones and talk to someone? And for the love of God hold on to anyone like grim death that you can relate too...it doesn't happen often." - Bella Biagio
GREAT QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
"If people would just stand up for what is right, care enough when things are really out of whack, and say something..."
"I just want people to stop thinking of themselves...I can't make it happen cause everyone does it."
"Phones are making us so disconnected."
"No one has ever died from being uncomfortable."
"The more pain I go through, that I embrace, the more loving, compassionate, open, and inclusive I have become."
WE CHAT ABOUT
- Being questioned about gender.
- Coming out of the bubble of religion, culture, long term work, and corporations.
- The changes in our neighborhood and world.
- Going through life changes, career changes, mid-life transitions.
- Vagina washing in the public bathroom! Who does this?
- Helping humanity by speaking up, saying something, sticking up for others.
- Vigilante Love Lessons.
- Addiction to phones and social media. Escaping real life though our phones.
- The market runs our world. Money makes the world go round.
- No one is making music anymore; they're just sampling from actual musicians.
- Are we just getting old?
- Guns and Bella having a gun pointed at her.
- There should be more Bella's on the planet and why.
- Seattle City Light and their battle with THE Bella.
- The frustrations of communicating with a corporation.
- Releasing the poison of the American corporation.
- There is magic when sitting one on one with human beings.
Her Characters, and Tony The Face
- Buck Reynolds - Chippendale
- Coach - Coach thinks everyone is shit!!
- Joey - Joey thinks everyone one is shit and owes him a favor.
- The Drag Queen - Electra Snow
MUSIC FROM THIS EPISODE
Click image for link.