Silas and I pick up right where we left off, with out of body experiences, close encounters, and visits from angels. We have some wonderful conversation about religion, Jesus, God, the universe, and wondering from where it all comes.
We spend an incredible amount of time discussing Silas life and marriage to a real, wonderful, Christian woman, his love for her and his kids. We also have some incredible talks regarding the Bible, our affection for Jesus, and our distaste for the canonization of Paul.
This is a fun conversation filled with quips, quotes, jokes, and laughter
WHO IS SILAS LINDENSTEIN?
Silas Lindenstein is the mocha almond fudge of stand-up comedy; not very dark, but not very light, bringing balance to the force of comedy. Sweet, yet savory, and just the perfect amount of nuttiness. With his sharp wit and confusing ethnicity, he examines his life as a father, husband and wannabe starship captain.
MUSIC FROM THIS EPISODE
WE TALK ABOUT
- Seeing Angels.
- Mom saved by an Angel.
- Our of body experiences.
- Visited by Aliens.
- Silas mom is a practicing Rastafarian.
- Rastafarian Thanksgiving and the second coming of Jesus.
- Why does your turkey look like a lobster?
- Reheating food? What for!
- Dreadlocks are your lifeline.
- Word of Faith nonsense.
- MOM! Drink some water!
- What is the one religion that thinks gays are cool?
- I blame my farts on the DaliLama.
- Joel Osteen loves beans.
- Is Scientology a Religion?
- I’m no Bible expert, but…
- How do you pick a pastor?
- Silas’ wife knows how to read and understand the Bible.
- Silas’ wife is an actual real, good, Christian.
- Religion doesn’t have anything to do with your morality.
- How is someone that doesn’t believe what I believe better at living out what I believe than I am living what I believe?
- The church of George Carlin.
- Is Mark Driscoll gone for good?
- Churches are simply formed because people believe what the preacher believes.
- You fell in love with a church, and then you got married to it and realized it was ugly.
- There’s nothing more annoying than a born-again Christian, and a new atheist.
- A Christian and an atheist get married?
- How John Oliver can save us all!
- Breaking down evolution, religion, or Christianity to a five-year-old.
- Anxiety about death.
- Conforming everyone to your will? No thanks.
- Great stuff from Sex in the City.
- Science and Religion, man’s attempt to try and describe what man cannot understand. Religion is static; science keeps searching.
- Historical proof of Jesus?
- What about the gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John?
- Paul the Apostle never “walked” with Jesus.
- Listening to Paul’s writings is like reading fan fiction.
- Is the Bible God’s word?
- Getting rid of our last names.
- Why I use a beer koozie.
- Stealing pint glasses from bars.
- The Green Lantern, and Ryan Reynolds.
- The difference between Marvel and DC comics.
- My random toy figurines, action figures, and dolls.