CJ and I have a long overdue conversation about the "school to prison pipeline." The government's institution of the “zero tolerance policy” in schools and its effect on our students and teachers perspective of students.
Does it create a scenario where individual races are set up for failure? Can we change it? What will it take?
This conversation takes some sides roads from the intended conversation, but they're amazingly beautiful, scenic, side roads.
MATERIALS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Legislating other people's reality?
- Doing things my way, and the failure which ensues.
- Our American forefathers decided that they were the "civilized" version of humanity and sought to transform others based on their arrogance?
- Seeking out our comforts and going back into our white-privilege holes.
- Why do I have to have my mind made up about everything?
- Growing through transitional beliefs.
- The humility to say, "I don't know, I'm searching."
- Why is empathy and compassion outside of the norm?
- Christianity as Pokémon gotta catch em all!
- Why do we equate wealth to intelligence?
- Mr. Rogers is our hero!
- Transformation doesn't happen because we change the leader, if that were true, we would have had change by now.