This is Arthur Williams. He’s a rapper, an artist, a character, even a comedian, but behind it all; he’s a person. Too often we look to those who entertain us, represent us, or lead us as some kind of demagogues, but they're people. We’re a finicky species. If someone doesn’t please us to our liking, we move on.
However, there are real people behind the characters we see. They deserve a shot! They deserve to be heard. The deserve to be human, to mess up, to grow, and to live their life without our input.
I am very grateful for Art spending so much time with us in these episodes. I know his work will bring you joy.
MUSIC FROM THIS EPISODE
End of show music is from KingDro Himself.
- The story of KingDro and the music No Particular Style Productions.
- Old underground scene of Seattle.
- Art’s music, and the character KingDro.
- Pimp Dust
- Kill the Hipster
- Art’s sister murdered and his vision of how happened.
- Seeing out dead loved ones.
- Wade did what to the booze?
- Writing a song inspired by the booty of a white girl.
- Baby Got Back? Oh so much more!
- Sir Mix a Lot and KingDro.
- We all are trying to figure out your path; no one can show it to you.
- Silence and the need for solitude and nature.
- Vitamin D and KingDro.
- Soundcloud's benefit to musicians.
- What’s the difference between a rapper, and MC, and an Entertainer?
- Zac’s white kid, private school introduction to hip hop from NWA, 2 Live Crew.
- What do you think of Kanye West?
- Kanye says rock is dead.
- A lot of the best music comes from pain.
- What I’m doing is not new. It’s Dolomite and Blowfly 2016 edition.
- Doing music before Prince, During Prince, and After Prince.
- Stories about Prince.
- Prejudging each other based on our perceptions of the other races.
- Why Seattle has lost its diversity.
- It doesnt matter, be gay. We ain't gay, but we with you! Especially if you’re buying drinks!
- Need a reparation? Get it here.