On this weeks episode, we chat about setting boundaries by knowing what you want and pursuing it.
FOR THE FULL ARTICLE SCROLL DOWN
Monday Meltdown is Our Weekly Chat with Each Other.
- Ask Me Anything.
- Inspiring thoughts for the Loser community.
- Your thoughts and comments.
- Our Meltdowns. (Rant, Vent, Yell, Swear!)
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, COMMENT, OR MELTDOWN TO SHARE.
CALL US 206-395-5608 | Message any of our Social Pages or Tweet Me: @ZacGanda|ra | Email Me: zacg@LosingOurReligion.org
As much as I love people, want to be around people, and make time for everyone, it’s just not possible. Especially when putting my own self-care first. In my new realizations of being an Empath, it’s even more important for me to set boundaries with people. If I don’t, I’ll be drained, the life sucked out of me, and wonder why I have no desire or energy towards the things that really make me happy.
Coming out of things like religion, long-term relationships in a community, or even job changes we often get bombarded with other people’s opinions and questions.
Setting Boundaries can be tough. We often know we need them but don’t know where to begin.
I think there’s a number of places to start, and numerous amounts of books on the subject. But from my experience, here’s what has helped me.
- Begin with the end in mind. Seeing the big picture is really important to producing the type of life and peace you’re wanting.
- Find out what it is you really want. Make a list in a journal. A place you can refer back to often. This is really hard for a lot of people. Perhaps find a place of solitude to engage this process, maybe begin with meditation or marijuana. A peaceful quiet place really helps.
- Set your intentions to start pursuing these things. Make a plan. When you fill your schedule with what’s healthy for you, it’s a lot easier to begin setting boundaries for who and what’s not. When your focus remains firmly on what you want and what you’re pursuing instead of who to avoid, your fuel begins to take over.
I really believe setting boundaries begins not with making a list of who to avoid, but instead what to pursue. After all, we need each other, until we don’t. Haha
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
THE PRODUCERS OF THIS EPISODE ARE...
Brendan Gladney, Stacy Osiowy, Kimberly Nelson, Christian Grindstaff, Larry Overstreet, Heather Washburn, Alan Lamon, Michael Schmitt, Grace Kwon, Allen Mattox, Roberta Ballard-Myer, Alyssa Milan, Luis Castro Jr, T.O. Knowles, Jonathan Bowles, Thiago Bodini, Travis Turner, Samantha Davis, Mary Ratti, Justin Beal, Matt Proudfoot, Alf Herigstad, Kaeleb Reyes, Mekenna Rose, Christy Feltman, Rachael Wold, Morgan Weisz, Sarah Matthews, Jay Middleton, Diana Brown, John Stuart, Mandy Logan, Susan Ardrey, Blake Willis, Susan Lepin, David MacPhail, Tiffiny Kosloy, Hannah Wilson, Anonymous Butterfly, and Anonymous Couple..